FTC/ASA Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn commission if you purchase via my links. Thank you in advance for your support! 🙏 It means a lot to me. ❤️
The best way to find the best deals on hotels and accommodations is to know your options. If you’re looking at booking a hotel room, that means being familiar with the prices at local hotels, not just knowing what’s available in your hometown or on vacation destination websites like Expedia or Travelocity. You can search for cheap hotels on a site like Hotwire or Priceline, but even those sites don’t always offer the best rates. You might also want to consider renting an apartment or home on Airbnb instead of staying at a hotel—although that option might not be available for all travel destinations!
How to Find the Best Deals on Hotels and Accommodations
The best deals on hotels and accommodations are available during the off-season. This means that you’ll find cheaper rates if you go to Hawaii when it’s not summer (January through March), or visit Disney World at a time when it’s not the holidays (like Christmas or Thanksgiving).
The best deals on hotels and accommodations are also available when booking direct. If you’re looking for an all-inclusive resort, book with their official website instead of using third-party sites like Expedia, who will charge additional fees for booking. If you have low expectations and aren’t picky about your room, consider using Airbnb instead of staying at a hotel chain because they tend to be less expensive than traditional hotels. Additionally, if possible try booking as far in advance as possible since most people will want to stay close by once something big happens like a festival or concert which can lead prices up considerably due back demand.
Sign Up for Travel Rewards Credit Cards
Travel rewards credit cards are an excellent way to earn free flights and hotels, as well as save money on travel expenses. They allow you to earn points that can be redeemed for a variety of rewards.
For example, if you have a business trip coming up and want to book with the best hotel in town but don’t want to pay full price, try signing up for one of these cards:
- American Express Platinum Card: This card offers 100,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $5,000 within three months of opening your account. Membership Rewards can be used for airline tickets or gift cards at more than 200 retailers such as Amazon and Target.
- Capital One Venture One Rewards Credit Card: Earn double miles on all purchases made directly with hotels through Hotels.com/VentureOne until January 2020—a great way to rack up extra rewards quickly! It also offers an impressive sign-up bonus: 25K miles after spending $1K within 3 months of account opening; 2X miles per dollar spent on all other purchases (with no limit).
Use Airline Miles
You can use your airline miles to book free nights at hotels. If you’re a frequent flyer and are near the end of your trip, booking a hotel with points may be your best bet. You can find out how many points it takes to book a room from each airline by visiting the website or calling them directly.
While this will save you money on accommodations, there are some downsides to this option:
- The number of airline miles needed for each hotel varies greatly depending on where in the world it’s located. For example, if you’re traveling in Europe and want to stay close to one airport versus another, then more miles might be required for that particular location because there aren’t as many options nearby (or maybe none at all).
- Some airlines charge fees when using their frequent traveler programs; others don’t have any additional charges beyond what they already charge customers who book flights directly through them (if any). It’s important that you know which companies have these added costs before using them as an alternative lodging option because otherwise they might actually cost more than just buying flights outright—and even if they don’t end up costing more than booking directly through the airline itself (which is rare), it still defeats one purpose: saving money!
Know Your Off-Season Rates
While it may be tempting to save money by taking advantage of last minute deals, the reality is that you can find better rates if you’re willing to wait until off-season.
When you travel during the off-season, it’s easier to get lower prices on hotels and accommodations. This is because there are fewer tourists around, and many businesses offer discounts as a way of enticing people into their establishments. If you’re flexible about when you go, then this can be a great way to save some cash on your trip!
Book Direct and Book Early
There are a few ways to save money when booking accommodations. The first way is to book directly through the hotel or resort. Hotels and resorts typically have lower rates than third-party websites, such as Expedia or Booking.com.
Another way you can save money while booking your accommodations is by booking early. Hotels and resorts often offer discounts on their rooms if they’re booked far in advance, so it’s always worth looking at what’s available before buying your flight tickets or train tickets.
You may also want to consider keeping an eye out for last minute deals on hotels and resorts because sometimes this will be cheaper than booking early!
Prepay for Discounts
When searching for the best deals on hotels, you want to make sure that you are getting exactly what you are paying for. This means researching the hotel’s cancellation policy, refund policy and exchange policy in addition to looking at their rooms and amenities. It is also important to note that some of these policies may change depending on how far in advance you make your reservation.
For example, if a hotel has a strict cancellation policy but allows refunds up until 30 days before check-in then it would not be wise to book this hotel if your plans could change by 30 days before arrival. On the other hand, if they allow cancellations with no penalties up until 7 days before arrival then this is obviously different than being able to cancel after 30 days without penalty as well as having an option of getting a full or partial refund if cancelled within 7 days prior.
Call the Hotel Directly
A direct call to the hotel can often get you a better deal than online booking. Why? Because they know the best time to sell rooms, and they’re willing to make a deal with you if they think it will help them fill up their empty rooms.
One way to find out if you should call the hotel directly is by looking at their website, which should include a phone number or contact form where guests can ask questions or request information. If this doesn’t work for whatever reason (for example, if the site is outdated), try finding it on social media—most hotels have official accounts that are easy enough to find through Google searches like “[name of your city] hotel facebook page” or “[name of your city] hotel twitter account name.”
Research Rental Sites for the Best Discounts
If you’re a budget-conscious traveler, vacation rentals are often a better option than hotels. They offer more amenities for the same price or less and can help you live like a local in the area. However, with so many rental sites out there it’s hard to know which companies will offer the best deals on rentals.
Consider a Vacation Home or Apartment Rental Instead of a Hotel
If you’re looking to save money on your next vacation, consider renting a house or apartment instead of staying at a hotel. Vacation homes and apartments are typically cheaper than hotels, which means that you can splurge on other things like room service and spa treatments. Plus, if you plan on visiting several destinations during your trip, it might be easier to pack up all of your belongings into one place rather than schlepping them back and forth from different hotels every few days. You can find deals through travel websites like Airbnb or HomeAway, but even if you don’t use these services yourself there are plenty of other options out there for finding affordable vacation rentals that fit every budget!
If money is tight this year then renting by the day could be just what the doctor ordered (and no worries about cleaning fees). For example: did someone mention something about having an unused guest room?
Join a Travel Club or Travel Site That Offers Discounts
Travel clubs and sites offer discount rates on hotels and accommodations. These sites include Orbitz, Expedia, and Travelocity. To join a travel club or site like these, you will have to pay a membership fee called an annual fee.
To find the best deals on hotels and accommodations for your next trip:
- Go to a travel site like Orbitz or Expedia and sign up for their newsletters/e-mails so they can send you information about discounts on hotels and accommodations that are available only to members of their club or site (this is usually free)
- Search through all of the hotels listed in these newsletters/emails until you find one that meets all of your needs at a price point that works for your budget
There are many ways to save money on your next trip. By using these tips and tricks you can find the best deals on hotel and vacation rentals. Some of these may seem like common sense but others may surprise you! If all else fails, consider using our website tools. *wink wink*
BlogsAndTravels.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.